With the many changes Facebook has made to their format and changes to the way tab applications are displayed on their website, our free YouTube Facebook application was over due for a makeover. From the new larger 640px X 360px video player and the new look of the YouTube tab on your Facebook page to streamlining the registration process, the new YouTube app has been completely revamped. The instructions are below. Enjoy!
What the free Facebook YouTube application will do
The free Youtube Facebook application creates a “tab” on your Facebook business page. In this tab the application displays your most recent video upload to YouTube, along with the title and description of the video. The application will update once every 24 hours. If you upload a new video to YouTube, it will propagate to your Facebook page within 24 hrs. The application must associate your Facebook business page with your YouTube user account. This is why the registration process must be completed before the application will work. Please follow the below instructions carefully.
Free Youtube Facebook Application Registration
You can see the YouTube application live on this Facebook page. Click Here. To begin the registration process be sure you are logged into Facebook then follow these instructions;
- Click Here to begin the registration process. You will be taken to an authorization screen similar to Image A. Click “Go to App.” Note the application only accesses your basic information. This is the information you have made public. The only information this application SAVES is the Facebook ID of the business page being registered and the YouTube username.
- You will be directed to a permissions screen similar to Image B. Click “Allow.” This allows the application to supply the content for the tab on your Facebook page.
- Now that the authorization and permissions for Facebook have been completed, you will be directed to the application website where a list of all of the Facebook pages for which you are an admin will be listed. See Image C. Select the page to which you would like to add the free YouTube application. Click “Submit.” Please note if you manage more than one Facebook page you must register each one separately.
- You will need your YouTube user ID for the next step. Your YouTube user ID is NOT your YouTube log-in email address. You can find your Youtube user ID by logging into your YouTube account. After logging in you are directed to your YouTube page where your user ID will be displayed in the URL located in the address bar of your browser, as well as at the top of your YouTube page. See Image D. Once you have your YouTube user ID, enter it in the provided field and click “Submit.” See Image E.
- WAIT! Your not finished yet! Now that the registration is complete you need to add the YouTube Tab to your Facebook page. On the Free Facebook YouTube Application “Thank You” page click the link that says “Add YouTube tab to my Facebook to page” or Click Here. Select the Facebook page you just registered and click “Add Page Tab.” See Image F.
That’s it! Your registration is complete. Your YouTube tab on Facebook should be playing your most recent YouTube video. If you have any problem or need assistance give us a call at 386 734 9844.
Check back soon for the up coming release of the free single YouTube Video Facebook Application. The new app will display a single, preset video. Instead of registering your YouTube user ID, you will register the YouTube video url you wish to display on your Facebook business page.
We welcome your comments!